Friday, July 29, 2016
Rihanna does it again. She has partnered with Dior for the second time with a sunglasses line simply titled "Rihanna." The eyewear collection has a futuristic look that come in a variety of shades (no pun intended). Click here to view the "Rihanna" eyewear collection.
(c) 2016, Britany Pratt
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
You are surrounded by dangerous WOMBATS.
They’re everywhere. Sometimes they hide in plain sight, easy to spot. Other times they are well camouflaged, requiring heightened awareness to identify them. You need to stay alert, it’s important to avoid them.
- WOMBATs resemble ordinary, productive tasks. However, they are vampires for time and resources, weapons of mass distraction.
- WOMBATs are seductive. Working on a WOMBAT feels productive.
- WOMBATs are bad for your career.
- WOMBATs are bad for your business.
- WOMBATs infiltrate your work day (and your personal time). Strike them down.
- WOMBATs may be be ingrained in your company culture: “We’ve always done it that way…”
- WOMBAT Metamorphosis Alert: A task or project that was productive in the past can evolve into a WOMBAT in today's environment.
- Your comfort zone is populated with WOMBATs. More on comfort zones, here.
- Some people are WOMBATs in disguise. Stay away from them, they are vampire WOMBATs.
- If you don’t control your WOMBATs, your WOMBATs will control you.
- Identifying & exterminating WOMBATs is an essential career, management, and life skill. Eliminating WOMBATs is not easy, nor popular - WOMBATs can be quite likeable. You must be sensitive, yet firm. "No WOMBATs allowed."
- I know people who create "not-to-do" lists, in essence a compilation of WOMBAT warnings. Creating this list is a WOMBAT.
- A calendar can be a productivity tool. Maintaining an extensive to-do list is a WOMBAT.
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Care to buy a piece of Alexander McQueen? No, not a product he designed... an actual piece of Alexander McQueen, himself.
The controversial click-bait is Tina Gorjanc’s effort to create fashion accessories from leather grown from deceased designer Alexander McQueen’s DNA.
The buzzword for the project is, “FrankenFashion,” and it catalyzes discussions regarding moral and legal loopholes which struggle to keep up with technological advances.
Monday, July 25, 2016
Sunset at the Trevi fountain in Rome, where Anita Ekberg once frolicked in Fellini's "La Dolce Vita;" the location was reimagined as an ethereal, transparent runway for Fendi's 90th anniversary fashion show.
According to legend, in 19 BC, Roman soldiers, driven by thirst and desire, were led to fresh water by a beautiful girl: At that location an aqueduct and great fountain were built. Two millennia later, not much has changed.
Friday, July 8, 2016
The term 'Do It Yourself' has turned into a phenomenon over the past decade and is continuing to gain momentum, especially in the fashion industry. From interactive design stations at Topshop, to custom shoes at Jimmy Choo, every level of the fashion industry is dipping their toes into the pools of DIY.
"Many industry insiders think it is just the beginning. Ask about the future of fashion, and the answer that is likely to come back (along with the importance of Instagram and the transformation of shows into entertainment) is personalization," says Vanessa Friedman from the New York Times.
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE New York, NY (June 27, 2016) – MCG: Market Connect Group, the largest provider of in-store merchandising services to retailers nationwide, named Bill Brenner as its new president. Brenner comes to MCG after a 27-year career in the in-store service industry.
The importance of in-store service along with enhanced customer engagement, elevated brand awareness, sophisticated point-of-sale visual statements, optimized ease of shopping and omnichannel alignment are underscored in the new retail landscape. Brenner’s appointment is integral to MCG’s strengthened growth strategy in tackling retail’s current challenges.