The news is out. Only, this time will be different.
Apple's media invites were received, yesterday. The next Apple event will be held on Wednesday, September 9 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco.
- After all these years and Apple launch events, we will not succumb to inexhaustible and manic hype.
- This time, there will not be endless rumors about new phones, Apple TV, apple watch updates, the next operating system, new wearable devices or Apple automobiles.
- Next week we will not suffer copious blog posts exalting or denegrating Apple, Tim Cook and referring to Steve Jobs.
- Apple's stock will not tick up or down based upon production value, presentation skills, and market expectation vs. the messages delivered.
- Post-event, there will not be tireless analysis of each product and software feature, benefit, and those that Apple missed.
- For the new products, there will not be a shortage.
- Finally, there will not be anything called a [Fill in the blank]-"gate" deriding some flaw in the latest and greatest feature, which Apple will later correct.
Of course, it will not be different this time. Apple is a drug dealer, and we are addicted to their products and marketing: They are masters at building suspense, and demand.
One more thing...
You don't have to be a fanboy to nibble at their bait. Go ahead, ask Siri to
"give us a hint."
These were my responses, this morning...
And, finally, Siri provided this...
I hate her. And, I will be checking back for more hints over the next 10 days.
Apple taught us to "Think Different." Regarding their seduction, we won't.
As Carly Simon once sang,
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting
(c) David J. Katz